Now that we’re in a new year, it’s time to reflect on the last one and make personal goals for the future. The key to succeeding with these goals is understanding your own personality and needs so that you can create an effective plan for success. In this guide, we’ll go over four different types of goals: emotional, physical health, support from friends and family, and finally personal goals.
Make Personal Goals
A personal goal is a statement that describes what you want to achieve over the course of the next year. It should be specific, realistic and measurable. For example, if you’re having trouble sticking to your diet, you could set a personal goal of losing 20 pounds in one year and then track your progress by weighing yourself every week.
When setting goals for yourself and others, it’s important not to overwhelm yourself with too many things at once. You can always add more later!
Make Emotional Goals
Emotional goals are different from personal goals. Personal goals can be about things like your health, career, or relationships. Emotional goals are usually about how you manage your emotions and feelings about yourself, including:
- How you think
- What you say to yourself in your mind (or out loud)
- How much time and energy do you put into self-care activities that make you feel better
Get Support From Friends
If you’re feeling stuck in your life—whether it’s because of a lack of purpose, self-esteem issues, or any other reason—don’t be afraid to reach out for help. There are many ways to get the support you need:
- Talk to friends and family. Friends may not always be able to give advice as well as an actual expert might, but they can still be great listeners and will offer their love and understanding when needed. If you don’t feel comfortable talking about your problems with people close to you (or if they’re part of the problem), then consider finding a therapist or coach who specializes in helping people deal with change.
- Find a mentor or coach who specializes in life transitions like this one. A good source for finding one is through online communities like Reddit where there are subReddits dedicated specifically
Make Physical Health Goals
- Exercise more.
- Eat healthier.
- Get enough sleep.
- Take time to relax, even if it’s just for 10 minutes throughout the day!
The more you know and understand your personal goals, the easier they will be to attain!
- Understand your goals
- Define your goals
- Write down your goals
- Share your goals with others
- Set a timeline for achieving your goals
- Review your goals regularly
The first thing to do when you are setting goals is to make sure that they are realistic. If they are too ambitious, then they will seem unattainable and lead to disappointment. The second thing is to make sure that the goals align with your values and personality so that they feel like a good fit for who you are as an individual. Finally, it’s important not just to have goals but also set out on a path towards making them happen by breaking down big projects into smaller steps along the way!