When faced with social situations, one might find these overwhelming and have high moments of stress because of this.
In moments of social settings, do you feel extra anxious? Fear others will judge you or criticize you?
Maybe you are worried that others may speak badly of you, mock you, or make you feel ashamed or embarrassed. The overwhelming thoughts and energy placed towards worrying about these can cause significant fear, decrease in self-consciousness, and embarrassment.
Working with a therapist for Social Anxiety Disorder will help to address the following items that place significant distress in your life:
- Being teased or criticized
- Being the center of attention
- Being watched or observed while completing a task
- Having to say something in a formal, public setting
- Meeting people in authority, such as important people or authority figures
- Feeling insecure and out of place in social situations